Make sure you listen to this week’s entire episode to hear the “healthy habits” that we’re going to give up in 2018 and why!
We begin this week’s episode with a call to share and engage – common themes during the holiday season – by visiting our ATF Podcast Facebook page and engaging with us.
Also, we’re sharing the awesome 20% off promo code (“ATF”) from our sponsors, The Hemp Coffee Exchange so you can stock up on some tasty, and nutritious, coffee – just the ticket for gifting or making it through all your holiday parties!
Now, we know our training recaps have become a bit lagging lately, but it’s life! We report on the ebbs and flows of our training and we’re currently in a… well, lull. Life is providing more than enough activity in general and taking care of our baby girl continues to challenge us physically.
Nick did have a particularly exciting update related to his training and business though – he was on the radio this week! Specifically, he made an appearance on his client’s show on 102.5 The Bone, talking about his own fitness story (people always find it hard to believe Nick used to be much heavier and NOT that into fitness), and to promote the Tampa Strenght Fit Moms program.
If you listened to last week’s episode, you’ll have heard about the importance of exercise for moms. The upcoming Fit Moms program, which starts in January, works to help make fitness a priority for moms with an accessible kick-off to a training program. Learn more about it on tampafitmoms.com and if you’re a Tampa Bay resident, enroll today!
I, on the other hand, have absolutely no training recap to share this week. That’s right. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Instead, I talk about why I don’t feel bad about not having anything new to report (seriously).
Also, I am working on on a Mommy & Me/Baby workout based on yoga. I’ve been trying out various moves with Ella in the past couple weeks and will hopefully be sharing the workout I create with you in the future – blog post, live stream, video, who knows! Stay tuned and let us know if it’s something you’d like to see.
Today’s main topic is a bit of a reverse on a traditional year-end topic. That’s right, we’re talking resolutions or rather anti-resolutions.
Instead of taking on a load of new goals or habits, Nick and I review the 12 “Healthy Habits” that we’ll be dropping in 2018.
Listen to the podcast for the full list, but here are some of Shannon & Nick’s “healthy habits” we’re going to give up in 2018:
- Drink More Water – Nope! Dropping it. Instead, I’ll be focusing on incorporating more probiotic-rich kombucha and green juices (low in sugar).
- Drink Almond Milk as Go-To Dairy Replacement – See ya! Turns out almond milk is a very nutrient poor diary milk substitute so I’ll be working to try other non-dairy drinks.
- Measure Fitness by How Your Clothes Fit – Not anymore! Especially coming off a pregnancy this previously go-to rating has proven very inaccurate. Strength, endurance, and energy levels are a much better measurement of fitness.
- Drink More Juice – Not anymore! Whether it’s 100% fruit juice, fresh squeezed or cold-pressed, juices made primarily from fruit are high in fructose (sugar) which negates the beneficial vitamins & minerals it contains.
- Lift More – Nope! Though it’s important to lift heavy on a regular basis, Nick is going to focus on incorporating more functional movements into his training instead. Isolation exercises (eg. bicep curl, back squat, military press, etc.) with heavy loads will be more beneficial and are less likely to cause injury.
- Meditate When You Can – Heck no! Finding a spare minute (or 10) whenever he can isn’t enough, so he’ll be using his favorite mediation app – Headspace – to be sure he makes time and meditates at least 3 minutes every day.
We have six more habits we’re saying farewell to that we go into in the episode.
Finally, a couple more quick reminders to like and follow the Addicted to Fitness Podcast Facebook page for exclusive content including an upcoming mommy-daughter workout and protein bar taste test!
Visit hempcoffeeexchange.com to get some delicious sustainable super coffee and make sure you use the code “ATF” at checkout to get 20% off.
Links to this week’s episode: