This week we’re talking about the benefits of exercise for a specific segment of people – mothers.
But first, let’s kick it off with a quick training recap.
For the both us os, the majority of our exercise revolves around caring for the baby (holding, soothing, carrying, etc.).
However, Nick continues leading Title Boxing classes which have allowed him to not only develop and lead classes but also participate, serving as an outlet for his own training. His additional training comes from what he’s been doing at Tampa Strength, which most recently has been learning in-depth training with sandbags, an innovative training modality that is full of a variety of exercises for people of all fitness levels.
While I have been trying to get some kind of activity (even just some stretching) in every day, the result is more just a handful of actually workouts each week – usually a mix of cycling rides and some yoga. The best thing I have been doing for myself is a 10 min morning yoga routine that provides the morning energy I need to tackle childcare and work.
Now we get into our primary topic today – Mom Fitness!
As we all know, moms have a limited amount of time to dedicate to fitness, but carving out time for it is being proven to have benefits beyond just the health of the mom!
Here are the top points and resource links we discussed:
- 11 Benefits of cardio training from this fitwirr.com article include losing weight, easing depression, improving heart health and boosting sex life
- Exercise can help moms battle postpartum depression according to this research
- Benefits of strength training for women, especially moms, from this healthline.com article include a short list include preserve muscle mass, control weight and decrease injury risk
- According to an article in Science Daily article, 30 min long 2x per week of high-intensity training will improve the function density of your bone structure, especially for post-menopausal women
- Moms who exercise are more likely to inspire their kids to exercise according to this Parents magazine article
- In addition to keeping themselves healthy, moms who exercise also promote a more positive body image for their kids, especially their daughters
Introducing the Tampa Strength FIT MOMS program…
Nick and the other trainers at Tampa Strength are proud to announce that a new training program, designed specifically for moms will be starting in the first week of January. This program is a 21-day jump-start fitness program that will include:
- INITIAL GOAL SETTING SESSION AND CONSULTATION
- UNLIMITED SEMI-PRIVATE PERSONAL TRAINING SESSIONS (SUBJECT TO TRAINER AVAILABILITY)
- BIWEEKLY FIT MOMS GROUP TRAINING CLASSES
- IN-HOME WORKOUTS FOR THOSE DAYS YOU CAN’T MAKE IT TO TAMPA STRENGTH
- NUTRITION INFORMATION AND COUNSELING
If you’re a mom that lives in the Tampa Bay area, head to tampafitmoms.com to enroll in this program. All you need to do is provide your contact information and a Tampa Strength trainer will contact you as soon as possible to setup your initial consultation.
Please give us a rating and review in iTunes and visit the Addicted to Fitness Podcast Facebook page.
Links to this week’s episodez;