Shannon and I really try our best to make one wholesome “Big Batch” dish every week. Having one dish that is ready to go whenever we get home from work prevents us from ordering out or picking up dinner. We’ve found that the less takeout and delivery we get, the better we feel. It’s also much easier on our finances.
One such big batch we make frequently is a Tuscan Chicken Skillet. I’ve shared the recipe with several of my clients and they all love it. It’s not exactly a quick meal, but it’s definitely worth the time. It’s also one of those dishes that I believe taste better the next day.
Tuscan Chicken Skillet
- Cook 1-1.5 lbs of chicken tenderloins in olive oil for 4-5 mins on each side, or until cooked thru⠀
- Remove chicken from skillet, add more olive oil & 8 oz of chopped mushrooms, cook till soft⠀
- Remove mushrooms and add an entire onion, sliced & cook till soft⠀
- Add a can of diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, garlic, spices (salt, pepper, oregano & thyme) and 1/4-1/2 cup of chicken stock⠀
- Simmer till liquid reduces slightly then add chicken and mushrooms back in⠀
- Remove from heat and add several handfuls of greens and season to taste⠀