This post coming at ya from Shannon.
Along with the twinkling lights and chipper holiday music, the holidays bring some health challenges for many people – food, drinks, more food, travel and visits, and seemingly less time than normal.
This all adds up to some serious challenges for keeping your health and fitness goals intact. In fact, the urge to throw your hands up and surrender to the over indulgence for the balance of the year is overwhelming tempting.
This week on the Addicted to Fitness podcast, we’re bringing you some proven tips and tricks on how to battle the food and travel obstacles.
We also get chatty about:
- ETT news including welcoming a new client and our recent group workout recap.
- Yoga with a Twist at the Epicurean: A meal is donated to a child in need, via Feeding Tampa Bay, for each ticket sold. Yoga hosted by Megan Blizard of the Conscious Coconut, each month.
- Friends get the Peloton bike.
Now for those tips.
You’ll have to listen to get all the details (we use these ourselves and have truly put them to the test), but here’s a quick rundown:
- Enjoy your holiday – Eat like it’s a holiday on the day. Then, get back to it the next day and remember your body can take a day of splurge, just don’t forget to take care of it after indulging.
- It’s not just about what you eat, it’s also about how much you eat – Tryptophan making you tired is not exactly true, it’s your digestion working hard that’s really slowing you down.
- Order light when you’re out – Share an entree or appetizer versus going for the full meal.
- Pack your own snacks when traveling – Control what you eat on the go and be prepared when your stomach starts rumbling with some healthy snacks.
- Drink loads of water – Dehydration can lead to illness and fatigue, so be sure you’re traveling with plenty of water.
- Plan a pre-travel workout – Specifically target this around stretching out your muscles and joints to prepare for being cramped in tight spaces while traveling.
- Hit it hard after the feast – Once you’ve digested your food and had a good night’s sleep, tackle a kick-butt workout the next day to start burning off the excess from the day before.
Don’t forget to get in that holiday spirit!
After you listen to this episode, tell us what you think either on Facebook or by leaving a review in the iTunes store. Stay tuned this holiday season as we continue to bring you interesting and helpful health and fitness information each week. Have a topic or interview you want to hear us discuss in a future podcast? Send us an email – email@example.com – or give us a head’s up on our social channels.
We truly enjoy producing the podcast and hope you enjoy listening. Thanks again for all your support!
Links to this week’s episode