This week’s episode features a taste test of the somewhat controversial bulletproof coffee. Tyler and I discuss the pros & cons of the concoction while we sip on our own version of the fatten coffee. We also talk about Oprah’s involvement with Weight Watchers along with the lack of effectiveness of similar weight loss programs. All that and more on this week’s episode of the ETT Wrap Show. Don’t forget to comment on the podcast. You can even leave us possible discussion topics for a future episode. ENJOY IT!
It seems to me that breakfast is surrounded by controversy nowadays. Is it the most important meal of the day? Should I eat breakfast? What should I eat for breakfast? Regardless of the answers to those questions, I know for sure that it is my favorite meal. Pictured below is the breakfast I enjoy several times a week. Three eggs, scrambled, in a cast iron pan with butter and a variety of veggies. The macronutrient breakdown for this meal is as follows:
- 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter: 0g of carbs, 12g of fat, 0g of protein
- 3 eggs: 0g of carbs, 15g of fat, 18g of protein
- 1 cup of kale: 3g of carbs, 0g of fat, 1g of protein
- 1/2 cup of tomatoes: 4 g of carbs, 0g of fat, 1g of protein
- 1/2 cup of bell peppers: 6g of carbs, 0g of fat, 0g of protein
- Macronutrient totals: 13g of carbs, 27g of fat, 20g of protein
As a individual who in interested in becoming more fat-adapted, this meal provides the macronutrient balance I need to start my day off right. What’s your go-to breakfast? Do you sacrifice your morning meal for a little extra sleep? Let me know!