It seems to me that breakfast is surrounded by controversy nowadays. Is it the most important meal of the day? Should I eat breakfast? What should I eat for breakfast? Regardless of the answers to those questions, I know for sure that it is my favorite meal. Pictured below is the breakfast I enjoy several times a week. Three eggs, scrambled, in a cast iron pan with butter and a variety of veggies. The macronutrient breakdown for this meal is as follows:
- 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter: 0g of carbs, 12g of fat, 0g of protein
- 3 eggs: 0g of carbs, 15g of fat, 18g of protein
- 1 cup of kale: 3g of carbs, 0g of fat, 1g of protein
- 1/2 cup of tomatoes: 4 g of carbs, 0g of fat, 1g of protein
- 1/2 cup of bell peppers: 6g of carbs, 0g of fat, 0g of protein
- Macronutrient totals: 13g of carbs, 27g of fat, 20g of protein
As a individual who in interested in becoming more fat-adapted, this meal provides the macronutrient balance I need to start my day off right. What’s your go-to breakfast? Do you sacrifice your morning meal for a little extra sleep? Let me know!